• 225 g tinned salmon (or tuna in brine),
• 6 cl evaporated milk (unsweetened),
• 1 tablespoon butter,
• 1 onion,
• 10 celery leaves,
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice,
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch,
• Salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley.
• Line a small cake tin with buttered greaseproof paper.
• Drain the salmon or tuna and remove any bones or skin.
• Sweat the onion in the butter with the chopped celery
leaves, then remove it from the heat.
• Mix the starch with lukewarm milk and add the onion/celery
• Mix without breaking up the salmon too much, add the
parsley and lemon juice, season and put into the tin.
• Cook in the oven at 200°C - 45 min.
• Check the cooking by inserting a knife which should
be dry when removed.
You can prepare a light sauce to accompany this terrine
• 125 g fromage frais or crème fraîche,
• 1 teaspoon chives,
• 1 teaspoon parsley,
• 1 small shallot, chopped,
• Salt + pepper,
• A dash of lemon juice.
back to the recipes