• 1 pot of strawberry or raspberry jam,
• 250 g Hammer Muhle flour (sold in health food shops
or by mail order),
• 125 g sunflower margarine (without milk proteins),
• 50 g sugar,
• 1/2 glass water,
• Zest of 1/2 lemon, untreated,
• A pinch of salt.
• Make a well in the flour, add the sugar, grated lemon
zest, margarine (cut into cubes) and salt, knead together
and add the water. Form a ball and put it in the refrigerator
for 1 hour.
• Line a 20 cm diameter pie tin with greaseproof paper
(or better still, use a bun tin for 12 little tarts 4 cm in
diameter, since this pastry is extremely crumbly).
• Keep a third of the pastry for strips for decoration.
• Press the pastry into the tin(s) using your fingertips.
Prick it using a fork.
• Spread the tart with jam, to a thickness of 5 mm.
• With the rest of the pastry, make strips 1 cm wide
and criss-cross them over the jam.
• Place in a hot oven for 30 min, 220°C, or gas
• Wait until the tart is cool before taking it out of
back to the recipes